Thursday, April 26, 2007

Visit with my Mum
I had the opportunity (last minute of course) to go and visit my mum. We managed to plan a quick trip to Buffalo & Niagara Falls, New York for a little shopping and sight seeing. Their boat was just put into the water the week before (they aren't living on it this year) so we stayed at the boat for a couple nights (which was awesome, I left Calgary in a blizzard and arrived in TO plus 24!) and then we stayed in
NY where it was also beautiful!
As usual we had a blast, lots of visiting, playing scrabble, shopping, sitting in sun & sightseeing.......I couldn't ask for a better mum or best friend!
This was a mum & daughter trip as Kyran stayed home with Ross to do some Father/Son bonding. (they went to Ruckers, Toys R Us, and ate junk food all weekend!) It would have been nice to have Ross & Kyran come along especially since my mum misses Kyran like crazy! We are hoping to either go to TO next month or hopefully my mum will be able to take time off work to come to Calgary.

Playing Scrabble (as usual) Sun going down - from upstairs on the boat

Doug & Mum on their boat


Taking our own pic before heading off to Buffalo On Canadian Side of Niagara Falls lookig at American Falls

Looking at the Tower on the Amercian Falls
Picture from American side on the Tower
(being on Canadian side is much nicer!)

From Tower.....

2 comments:

Starr Mercer said...

Great photos Kel! I keep meaning to tell you that I also like playing Scrabble (just started and I'm not very good)...we should play together sometime.

Jenny Hill said...

Hey Kelly - Looks like you had a great time.

Scrabble was a game I used to play with my Grandma and now Adam and I play travel Scrabble every time we fly.