Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Why Does Kelly Do the Shopping & Cooking?
It NEVER fails - whenever I ask Ross to pick up something (one or two things) he ALWAYS comes home with a load full of JUNK!

I called Ross on his way home from work today and asked him to ONLY pick up some water chestnuts for an appetizer I make as we are having my in-laws over. As usual he comes home - half hour to an hour late with 10 bags of stuff (over $100). This time I couldn't resist but to take pictures - I thought it was a Joke!

As usual (because I NEVER buy these things) he brought home: white bread, chicken pies, pizza pops, alpha gettes, hot dogs, kraft dinner, pizza, hungry man meals, microwave dinners, specialty cheese, mr. noddles, apple pie, cheese mozza sticks, croissants & chunky soup!

I'm sure a lot of other wives can relate - but seriously, this is ridicoulous! He is fortunate that I just love to cook and cook healthly meals almost every night (with the exception of pizza night)! If not, he would have a diet, which consists of ONLY what you see in the pictures!

4 comments:

Jenny Hill said...

Kelly - that is too funny! I however get the other side of things - Adam is frugal - not only will he only get only what he is asked to get - he will try and find the cheapest version of it, and I think we all know some things require brand name only.

Anonymous said...

Wow, role reversal!

All me friends are so impressed Tom does all the shopping. They don't know it's to stave off bankruptcy (and starvation).

At my house, I'm not allowed to go into the grocery store.
Last time I went, -several years ago- I started in Housewares, moved to Deli and then Candy. I came home with $200 of groceries. No milk, no meat, no bread, white or otherwise!
I did, however, have a gallon jug of Nesquik (for the milk I forgot) and some really nice towels...

Ross, lets go to Costco sometime!

Starr Mercer said...

My hubby is the exact same as Ross...let him loose in a grocery store and he goes wild with the junk!

Anonymous said...

Hey Kelly, actually, in our house I'm the one who goes shopping for just a couple things but comes back with a million bags. If I walk by it and it's on sale, I have to get it. That's why they put on sale items right at the front of the store, for suckers like me!!!!